skip to main content

Level 4

Level four jobs are more senior and usually require previous experience and a certain level of training. Jobs at this level include:

  • Assistant Practitioner (also known as Associate Practitioner)
    Although not a registered practitioner, the job has a level of skill in a particular area of clinical practice gained through experience and training.
  • Occupational Therapy Support Worker
    Helping occupational therapy clients by providing rehabilitative services, under the direction of occupational therapists, to persons with mental, physical, emotional, or developmental impairments.
  • Mental Health Support Worker
    Supporting people with long term mental health problems, helping them to adapt to ordinary life within the community by developing coping skills rather than being institutionalised in a hospital or hostel.
  • Social Care Assessor
    Two types of jobs. One job is in Care Direct Plus carrying out telephone assessments. The second job is in the community looking at individuals support needs and linking with other professionals to meet those needs.
  • Standard Broker
    Matching care services to needs identified in individual care and support plans, following an assessment  of need by care management staff. Arranging these services with accredited providers, subject to the agreed delegated authority levels being applied.
  • Deputy Manager and Team Leader
    Responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means supporting staff and ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high. Most services in health and social care will have a management role.

Qualifications expected for some of these jobs include a Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care or a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management of Care Services. Both are practice-based qualifications for specific job roles assessed in the workplace.  Other roles listed require specialist training and qualifications,  your employer will identify what training you need and offer support as appropriate.

Your employer will normally access training through local colleges and private training organisations, some larger employers deliver their own training and qualifications.

Apply for a job in care and health now.